88-2 District Court Jury Duty Division
Why is Jury Service Important?
The United States Constitution guarantees all people, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin or economic status, the right to trial by an impartial jury. Justice ultimately depends to a large measure upon the quality of the jurors who serve in our courts. That is why you are important.
What are the eligibility requirements to serve as a juror?
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a resident of Montmorency County
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the functions of a juror.
- Must not be under sentence for a felony at the time of jury selection
- Must be 70 years of age or older to claim exemption from jury service and shall be exempt only upon making the request in writing.
If you are requesting to be excused permanently or for certain dates of your term (vacation/doctors' appointments) please make the request in writing and mail it to the following address:
Judge Benjamin T. Bolser Probate/District Judge
88th District Court
PO Box 789
Atlanta, MI 49709
Once the Judge reviews your letter, you must confirm your request has been granted by calling the court at 989-785-8035.
To check in for jury duty, please call the following phone number at the date & time specified in your jury duty letter: (989) 785-8039.